Find a Placement
Many local companies accept interns as part of your academic study, or after graduation. If you are currently a student, check with your course coordinator first so companies aren't flooded with enquiries.
Find an Internship
Other things to try:
- Some Jobs are for interns. Create an account and subscribe to our daily job mail so you know when a new one comes up.
- Scholarships can help with study costs. Some may come with employment or internship opportunities.
- Student Representatives can help connect you with opportunities locally. If there is no one in your year, why not be one yourself as it may open doors.
Interns can bring fresh ideas and energy to your team. Its hard to hire intermediates and seniors at the moment. So lets make our own and support the future of tech by investing in people just starting out.
- Te Pūkenga (UCOL) have two cohorts of interns a year, plus regular student projects.
- Massey have projects for Mechatronics and Computer Science students every year.
- Summer of Tech have hundreds of interns listed. You don't need to wait for summer either
- interns.co.nz bring hundreds of overseas interns a year. A steady percentage are looking for tech roles
Caring for Interns: Summer of Tech have an excellent Employers Toolkit with templates for attracting candidates, setting up suitable projects, getting them started, managing weekly catchups, feedback and coaching, and finishing well.