An educational institution with a history dating back to 1896, UCOL Limited has a proud and well-earned reputation for supporting our community’s learning.
This connection with community is crucial to what we do, and it ensures that our programmes help students develop in-demand skills. Many of our lecturers are practitioners as well as teachers, and our partnerships with industry mean that the majority of our students get hands-on work experience.
As a modern Institute of Technology and Polytechnic, UCOL’s specialties include Applied Engineering and Trades, Health and Sciences, and Humanities and Business. Our environments have been designed to enhance student learning, supported by a relationship-based teaching approach. By studying with us, students learn valuable life skills and can make a difference.
We offer excellent courses in Information & Communications Technology, producing strong and work-ready graduates. We are always keen to partner with suitable businesses to offer our students and graduates internships, work experience and employment options that will enhance the skills they have learnt while studying.
As of 1 April 2020, UCOL Limited is a subsidiary of New Zealand’s national vocational skills and training Institute, Te Pūkenga. Acting as a parent organisation to our nation’s 16 vocational institutes and Industry Training Organisations, Te Pūkenga will create a strong, unified system that makes collaboration easier. While we foster relationships with other institutes, our mission remains the same - we exist to inspire students, businesses and communities to succeed.
|Skill||Asset Management Business Analysis Desktop Support Disaster Recovery Information Security Project Management|
|Tool||Azure iOS MacOS SQL Server Windows|
This multi-faceted role will have you developing applications to automate key business processes, implementing and integrating vendor-provided solutions, and integrating key business data with internal and external sources.
You should have the demonstrated ability in the following
· Excellent skills in the design and development of intuitive business applications.
· The ability to work closely with clients to understand needs and translate these into application designs.
· A good understanding of industry-standard Development, Change and Release methodologies.
· The ability to integrate systems and data using scripts, extracts and APIs.
· An understanding of data warehousing concepts and practices.
· The ability to provide support for key business systems.
· Expertise in designing and developing reports using SSRS and PowerBI.
· Effective communication with stakeholders at all levels.
· Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· The ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
· Experience in Visual Studio, C# .Net Framework and .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC/Core, jQuery and Bootstrap, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, and other database/reporting platforms.
Emma Glendinning studied IT at UCOL and it changed her life more...